Emerson Valley is an inclusive school. We promote equality of access and opportunity to all areas of the curriculum for all learners. Pupils are taught in an environment where they receive equal respect and in which their individuality is valued. It is the responsibility of all teachers to help each and every pupil reach their own potential through supported and differentiated teaching across the curriculum.
We believe that parents and carers play a vital role in supporting their child’s education and we therefore aim to foster positive relationships between school staff, parents and carers during their time at Emerson Valley School.
At Emerson Valley School we aim to:
- identify pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) as early as possible and ensure that their needs are met
- have in place systems whereby Teachers are aware of pupils with SEND
- provide all pupils with a broad and balanced curriculum that is differentiated to the needs and ability of the individual
- have high ambitions and expectations for pupils with SEND
- be sympathetic to each pupil’s needs by promoting a strong partnership between the pupil, the parent and Emerson Valley School staff
- actively engage in support from the Local Authority and outside agencies
- ensure that all pupils take a full and active part in school life.
Since September 2017, we have been federated with one of our main feeder schools, Merebrook Infant School. We share one Headteacher and Governing Board and the SENDCo and Assistant SENDCo work across both schools. Our Head of Inclusion across the MereValley Fededaration is Mrs H White. She can be contacted through the school office by telephone on (01908) 507914, or via email to email@example.com
Further information can be found in our school Annual SEND Information Report and SEND Policy, which can be accessed below.
Information on the Milton Keynes SEND Local Offer can be found here: